Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
The State and Local Tax practice of Alvarez & Marsal Taxand is responsible for providing multi-jurisdictional clients with a wide variety of tax consulting and compliance services. A&M’s State and Local Tax professionals focus on the tax implications of organization structure, business transactions, mergers and acquisitions. Our State professionals assist with management of the state tax function, efficient tax compliance, and tax controversy resolution. State and Local Tax professionals work on a diverse range of client projects including, but not limited to, state income and franchise tax refund analysis and planning for business operations and expansions, management and defense of examinations by state and local government authorities, assistance with sales and use and transaction taxes, and consulting on state and local tax ramifications of reorganizations, mergers, and acquisitions, and bankruptcy. Leveraging the experience of our worldwide Taxand network, our professionals advise some of the largest U.S. and non-U.S. multinationals on the state and local tax aspects of a broad array of international structures and transactions.
- Assist with tax-planning responsibilities for multi-jurisdictional corporate clients, including assistance with FAS 109 and FIN 48 analyses and state effective tax rate planning;
- Apply tax technical knowledge to specific client situations;
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals and other client presentations;
- Interface with client personnel to obtain information and deliver a high quality project on time and on budget;
- Supervise and review assignments of professional accountants serving as Associates and interns;
- Clearly communicate workplan and project objectives to project team;
- Stay abreast of state and local tax developments affecting current and prospective clients and train Associates and interns on state and local tax rules;
- Mentor and supervise tax professionals serving as Associates and interns;
- Effectively manage a team of people to deliver a technically and quantitatively correct, well documented work product.
- 2+ years of public accounting or equivalent industry experience in providing tax planning services and preparing and reviewing client work papers and state and local income tax returns;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Knowledge of managing projects, including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence and billing;
- Excellent technology and research skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- RIA, GoSystems Tax, FAS 109 and provision experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other business related field;
- CPA, Enrolled Agent or other appropriate certification (or in the process of pursuing);
- Advanced degree preferred: MST, Macc, JD or LLM;
- Prior Big Four experience a plus;
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Willingness to travel.
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.